We are available for interviews 10am-4pm Monday - Friday and evening when requested. Please ask for Jeff Walker or email firstname.lastname@example.org. ABBA MT operates 24/7. Must have a valid EMT-B Certification, CPR Card, and Current Driver's License with a DMV abstract.
Salary: $20.00 - $25.00 per hour
The field associate-EMT transports and cares for clients are transported to various appointments, hospitals, and facilities. He/she is responsible for the safety and well being of clients during transportation. The field associate-EMT will comply with all state, local, and company policies and procedures.
ABBA Medical Transportation is an Equal Opportunity Employer ** ABBA Medical is a drug and alcohol-free workplace; all employees as subject to pre-hiring drug screening and random testing during employment.
- Be familiar with company policies/standards and always drive in a safe and responsible manner.
- Project a professional image and attitude when interacting with clients, the public and fellow employees.
- Perform basic life support procedures under Department of Health regulations.
- Obtain vitals and make a full patient assessment as required by Department of Health regulations.
- Practice safety at all times when handling patients and ambulance equipment.
- Move patients in a safe manner particularly when moving up and down stairs.
- Wear seat belt at all times when operating company vehicles and require clients to do the same.
- Ensure that wheelchairs and child restraints are properly secured to the stretcher, and that the stretcher is properly secured to the vehicle.
- Perform CPR, as necessary. Immediately advise dispatch of any medical or non-medical emergencies or incidents involving patients, and other passengers.
- Be familiar with safe lifting and moving techniques and be physically/mentally fit for performance of job duties.
- Be familiar with proper use of all vehicle safety equipment (e.g. stair chair, reeves, child seats, fire extinguisher, etc.).
- Be responsible for assigned equipment. Must inspect all equipment and report any malfunctions.
- Be familiar with all company forms related to ambulance transports, and their purposes. Fill them out properly.
- Adhere to Emergency Medical Technician dress code and personal appearance policies.
- Have a working knowledge of the company communication systems and communication policies and procedures.
- Report all field incidents, accidents, problems, and non-routine situations that have arisen to dispatchers, supervisors, or managers on daily basis.
- Be familiar with and comply with rules at major receiving client/facility locations.
- Assume responsibility for the cleanliness of vehicle on a daily basis. Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspection.
- Make sure that all utilized equipment is replaced at the end of shift, including the replacement of oxygen tanks.
- Be familiar with maps and capable of navigating in all response areas of the company.
- Inspect and report any vehicle damage or malfunction. Must refuel the vehicle. Be familiar with fleet card usage.
- Remain in close contact with dispatch, updating them on vehicle location and client information.
- Maintain order on the vehicle.
- Ensure that minors are left with approved guardians.
- Perform other related duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must successfully complete the company’s orientation and training. Must submit to and successfully pass State criminal history review and drug and alcohol testing program.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to clients, facility representatives, and other employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to read maps and navigate directions.
Certification, Licenses, Registrations:
CPR Certification, Valid NJ Driver's License in good standing, and EMT-B Certification.
PPD - 2 Step, other vaccinations required by Facility.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 150 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 250 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
ABBA Medical Transportation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ABBA Medical is a drug and alcohol-free work place; all employees as subject to pre-hiring drug screening and random testing as a condition of employment.