Dispatcher/Customer Service/Call Taker
ABBA MT is seeking dispatchers/call takers for our Communications Center in our corporate office in Aberdeen, NJ.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Dispatcher/Call Taker is responsible for coordinating and controlling radio and telephone communication relating to the provision of Emergency Medical Services, processing incoming emergency requests, and all scheduled appointments using the TraumaSoft protocols as established by ABBA MT policies and procedures.
- Ensures service requests are met promptly by scheduling, locating, dispatching, and monitory EMT and MAVT crews.
- Receives and records radio and telephone calls and selects an appropriate course of action for each call according to ABBA MT policy.
- Maintains information on all calls; prepares detailed reports on all activities occurring during an assigned shift if necessary.
- Deals with sensitive information discreetly and professionally, maintaining confidentiality. (HIPAA)
- Maintains a positive customer service attitude with the public, clients, co-workers, and supervisors at all times.
- Demonstrates reliability and dependability.
- Continuously monitors dispatch screen, prioritizing as needed.
- Maintains appropriate and detailed records of all telecommunications, completes and transmits an end of shift reports.
- Responsible for understanding all operational positions such as the Call Center and all BLS/MAVT job functions.
- Maintain all certifications required to perform all duties for this position, including EMT or MAVT certification.
- Responsible for assisting as a call taker when call volume is heavy to ensure continuous quality customer service. Work as team.
- Strong knowledge of vehicle path and monitoring vehicles for optimum efficiency via GPS.
- Knowledge of ABBA MT Tier System, responsible for making decisions to ensure the highest level of Customer Service.
- Responsible for proper posting and ensuring territories are covered.
- Ensures proper activation and deactivation of employees.
- required to report to work at the appointed hour, as scheduled.
- Must be able to adapt to a fast work atmosphere as well as being a team player.
- Ability to answer the multi-line phone and have good communication skills (written and verbal).
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent; some college preferred.
- Command of the English language, both written and verbal, and the ability to speak clearly and distinctly.
- 24×7 availability is a MUST for this position. May work a rotating schedule and be called in to cover open shifts.
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years of dispatching – call center experience preferred, preferably in Emergency Medical Services.
- Current EMT-B Certification and a minimum of one year of experience as an EMT is preferred.