ABBA MT is seeking dispatchers/call taker for our Communications Center located in our corporate office in Aberdeen, NJ.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Dispatcher/Call Taker is responsible for the coordination and control of radio and telephone communication relating to the provision of Emergency Medical Services; processing incoming emergency requests as well as all scheduled appointments using the TraumaSoft protocols as established by ABBA MT policies and procedures.
- Ensures requests for service are met in a timely manner by scheduling, locating, dispatching and monitory EMT and MAVT crews.
- Receives and records radio and/or telephone calls, selects appropriate course of action for each call according to ABBA MT policy.
- Maintains information on all calls; prepares detailed reports on all activities occurring during assigned shift if necessary.
- Deals with sensitive information in a discreet and professional manner maintaining confidentiality. (HIPPA)
- Maintains a positive customer service attitude at all times with public, clients, co-workers and supervisors.
- Demonstrates reliability and dependability.
- Continuously monitors dispatch screen, prioritizing as needed.
- Maintains appropriate and detailed records of all telecommunications, completes and transmits end of shift reports.
- Responsible for understanding all operational positions such as the Call Center, all BLS/MAVT job functions.
- Maintain all certifications required to perform all duties for this position, including EMT or MAVT certification.
- Responsible for assisting as a call taker when call volume is heavy to ensure continuous quality customer service. Work as team.
- Strong knowledge of vehicle path and monitoring vehicles for optimum efficiency via GPS.
- Knowledge of ABBA MT Tier System, responsible for making decisions to ensure the highest level of Customer Service.
- Responsible for proper posting and ensuring territories are covered.
- Ensures proper activation and deactivation of employees.
- Required to report to work at the appointed hour, as scheduled.
- Must be able to adapt to a fast work atmosphere as well being a team player.
- Ability to answer multi line phone and have good communication skills (written and verbal).
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent; some college preferred.
- Command of the English language, both written and verbal, and the ability to speak clearly and distinctly.
- 24×7 availability is a MUST for this position. May work a rotating schedule and/or be called in to cover open shifts.
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years of dispatching – call center experience preferred, preferably in Emergency Medical Services.
- Current EMT Certification and a minimum of one year of experience as an EMT is preferred.