Mobility Assistance Vehicle Operator (MAVO)
The field associate-MAVT transports and cares for clients transported to various appointments, hospitals, schools, and facilities. They are responsible for the safety and well-being of clients during transportation to their destination. The field associate-MAVT/MAVO will comply with all state, local, and company policies and procedures applicable to their level of training.
Operates the vehicle to transport clients to various appointments, hospitals, schools, and facilities. They are responsible for the safety and well-being of clients during transportation to their destination. The field associate driver will comply with all state, local, and company policies and procedures applicable to their level of training.
- Be familiar with company driving policies/standards and always drive safely and responsibly.
- Project a professional image and attitude when interacting with clients, the public, and other employees.
- Assist wheelchair and non-wheelchair-bound passengers to enter and depart vehicle and into and out of pickup/drop-off points. (Stairs may be involved.)
- Provide ancillary assistance to passengers (i.e., holding umbrellas in wet weather, loading and unloading baggage and luggage.)
- Wear a seat belt at all times when riding in company vehicles and require passengers to do the same and assist passengers with seat belts and ensure they remain seat belted during transport.
- Ensure that wheelchairs and child restraints are secured to the vehicle.
- Perform CPR, as necessary.
- Be familiar with safe lifting and moving techniques and be physically/mentally fit for the performance of job duties.
- Be familiar with the proper use of all vehicle safety equipment (i.e., 4, point restraints).
- Be responsible for assigned equipment. Must inspect all equipment and report any malfunctions.
- Be familiar with all company forms and their purposes. Please fill them out properly and obtain corresponding signatures.
- Adhere to field associate dress code and personal appearance policies.
- Have a working knowledge of the company communications systems, policies, and procedures.
- Report all field incidents and non-routine situations to dispatchers, supervisors, or managers daily.
- Be familiar with and comply with rules at major client/facility locations.
- Assume responsibility for the cleanliness of vehicles daily. Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections.
- Be familiar with navigation equipment and capable of navigating in all response areas of the company.
- Inspect and report any vehicle damage or malfunction and check all fluid levels and ensure they are replenished, if necessary. Must refuel the vehicle. Be familiar with the Debit card.
- Remain in close contact with dispatch, updating them on vehicle location and client information.
- Maintain order on the vehicle.
- Perform other related duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations will enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Must complete the company’s orientation and training. Must submit to and successfully pass State criminal history review and drug and alcohol testing program.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple posts. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to clients, facility representatives, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to read maps and navigate directions.
Certification, Licenses, Registrations:
CPR Certification, Valid NJ Driver’s License in good standing, MAVT/MAVO Certification.
PPD - 2 Step, other vaccinations required by Facility.
The work environment characteristics described here represent those employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions.
An employee must meet the physical demands described here to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee must frequently use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and smell. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
ABBA Medical Transportation is an Equal Opportunity Employer * ABBA Medical is a drug and alcohol-free workplace. All employees are subject to pre-hiring and random drug testing as a condition of employment.