MEDICARE and MEDICAID
Currently Medicare Compliance for Ambulance Services is not required, however it is strongly encouraged for Billing Agencies (OIG News Release November 30,1998).
Medicare Compliance programs are viewed favorably by the Office of Inspector General when they are actually implemented and in place. There are seven essential elements of a Medicare Compliance Program all of which have been addressed by ABBA Medical Transportation, LLC, they are:
- Implementation of written policies and procedures regarding Medicare Practices
- Standards of Conduct
- Designation of a high-level compliance officer and other appropriate officials
- Development of training and education programs
- Creation of hotlines or other measures for receiving complaints and procedures for protecting callers from retaliation
- Enforcement of standards through well-publicized disciplinary directives
- Performance of internal audits and prompt response to detected offenses through corrective action.
Occupational Safety and Health (OSHA)
ABBA Medical Transportation, LLC has internal policies and procedures to address various OSHA issues including blood borne pathogens, vaccinations, and personal protective equipment. ABBA Medical Transportation, LLC goes to great efforts to ensure the compliance and safety of the workplace. Employees receive regular training regarding OSHA compliance.